I like the questions in Inc. this month around exit interviews. I think there is alot to learn when people leave a company and most miss the opportunity.
- If the CEO left unexpectedly today and you were put in charge, what are the first things you would change?
- What could have changed six months ago that would have prevented you from looking for a new job?
- If you weren’t looking, what factors tipped the scale when an opportunity came up?
- Who do you think is next to resign? And why?
- Why didn’t you leave us sooner than now?
- Describe any areas of conflict that have affected either your performance or morale, or that you believe affected other employees.