In 2010, Seth Godin asked people to make a list of what they shipped. I did the exercise in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. I have come to believe that this is a important exercise, especially for entrepreneuers to see what they have accomplished.
What did I ship this year?
- 500,000 copies sold at IT Revolution Press.
- Bigger and better DevOps Enterprise Summit events in London for the second year and in San Francisco for the fourth year.
- Travelled with a group to India and Nepal to visit the four major Buddhist pilgrimage sites of Lumbini, Bodhgaya, Sarnath and Kushingar.
- Gave my first talk at Dharma Rain Zen Center.
- Spent seven weeks in Europe over the summer visiting London, Edinburgh, Murren (Switzerland), Rome, Florence, and Barcelona.
- Saw the 2017 Solar Eclipse in totality.
- Wrote a fourteen post series on happiness.
And I helped 16 Kickstarter projects make their way into the world.