In 2010, Seth Godin asked people to make a list of what they shipped. I did the exercise in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. I have come to believe that this is a important exercise, especially for entrepreneuers to see what they have accomplished.
The most important thing that happened this year was my wife Amy Buckley graduating from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine with a Master’s Degree in Oriental Medicine. I am so proud of her for completing this segement of your journey towards helping heal others.
What did I ship this year?
- 250,000th copy of The Phoenix Project in the marketplace.
- Launched the follow-up flagship book The DevOps Handbook and have amazing early traction.
- Hosted DevOps Enterprise Summit events in San Francisco and London.
- Doubled the size of the team at IT Revolution.
- Co-founded a new company with three amazing people.
- Released the third edition of The 100 Best Business Books of All Time.
- Monthly reviews of the books I am reading (69 books read this year)
- Supported the completion of a new campus for Dharma Rain Zen Center.
- Spent week in Italy with Amy.
And I helped 24 Kickstarter projects make their way into the world.