I have always wondered who reads business books.
I know the category leans toward a male audience, one that is affluent and is likely educated.
In checking out some of the features in Bookigee’s new app WriterCube, I found a section of market profiles broken out by genre. Using data from Bowker’s Market Research, the business and technology category looks like this:
- Men 71% and Women 29%
- 57% are between the ages of 18-44
- 54% make between $50-$100K
- 68% have had some college education
- 58% live in the South or West
- 50% use Facebook and 19% use Twiter
The increased point is in regions where the country is growing, more people are reading business books.