I go on and on about how everyone should read The Wall Street Journal. I gave my dad a six month subscription for Christmas. He loves it.
Saturday’s Weekend Journal was a gem. Here is what you missed:
- A great story on how the auto industry is going to be haunted by its past choice.
- Bret Stephens interviews Dr. Leon Kass for the second time in several weeks. “Killing a creature made in God’s image is an old story. Redesigning him after our own fantasies: That’s what really new.”
- Following on the heels of IBM’s announcement, Jeff Opdyke writes a great piece on where to put your retirement money. Order of importance – 401K to get employer’s matching funds, Roth IRA, non-deductible IRA (not clear on this and article didn’t give alot of details), 401K to the max. For you high income earners, use your brokerage account for muni bonds and consider variable annuities.
- Alice Cooper relays his favorite golf courses (don’t worry you really can’t get into any of them)
- The NFL’s nutritionists have put players on diets that time food intake with exertion and exercise.
- Glenn Ruffenbach reviews The Number.
- Their Five Best Feature asks Ronald Moore (Sci-Fi’s Battlestar Galactica creator and executive producer) what his favorite science fiction books are. On the list are Stranger in a Strange Land, Foundation, Dune, Dragonflight, I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream.
- AND they have a wonderful piece on the Falkirk Wheel in Scotland
If you are not subscribed, you are missing some of the best journalism anywhere.