I always find it interesting that wherever I travel around the world people know about Miwaukee. The image they have is of Happy Days or Laverne and Shirley.
In the office yesterday, we got talking about all the TV shows that have been set in Wisconsin. I would say for we have had a disportionate number of programs based in our fine state. Here is the list we came up with:
- Young and the Restless (Genoa City, 1973-)
- Happy Days (do you know it was not set in Milwaukee, the Cunninghams actually lived in Brookfield, 1974-1984).
- Laverne and Shirley (Milwaukee, 1976-1983)
- Step By Step (Port Washington, 1991-1998)
- Picket Fences (fictional Rome, 1992-1996)
- That 70’s Show (fictional Point Place, 1998-)
- A Minute with Stan Cooper (fictional Waterford Falls, 2003)