Apple Gets It

Apple sells 3.5 million songs in the first six weeks of iTunes and that is only selling to 5% of the potential market. Being in the other 95%, I can say what it is that is so appealling about their proposal.

Gareth Lloyd tries to make an economic case for the success of selling music online [via].

Bob Lefsetz makes a more practical argument. The idea of taking entertainment product and moving it through another distribution channel is not new. Does anyone remember the VCR? [via Seth’s Blog]?

Is there something Apple understands better about the music buying experience on the Internet?